Click on this banner to go to the A.R.E. Clinic home page.
Edgar Cayce on Migraines
TEXT OF READING 3326-1 F 13
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 29th day of October, 1943, in accordance with request made by the mother - [...], new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research and Enlightenment, Inc., recommended by Mr. and Mrs. David E. Kahn.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. (Notes read to and transcribed by Jeanette Fitch.)
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 10:40 to 10:55 A. M. Eastern War Time. ..., N.Y.
1. GC: You will go over this body carefully, examine it thoroughly, and tell me the conditions you find at the present time; giving the cause of the existing conditions, also suggestions for help and relief of this body; answering the questions, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes, we have the body here, .
3. As we find, while the body is in the developing stages, the sources of the conditions to which the body becomes allergic in the digestive system should be looked for - that deal with all migraine headaches.
4. So, this information might be used universally as to the sources of such, if it would be accepted. For, here we find such in its beginnings, and it is in the digestive system, causing - through a state of circulation - an inflammation in the connections of the intestinal tract through which blood and nerve supply bring nutriment and activity to these portions of the body.
5. Thus these conditions taken in these beginnings may be eradicated entirely from the system; but the taking of sedatives of any form only adds fire to the condition. True, it may ease for the moment, but it requires continued excesses of same that involve the gastric flow even of other portions of the system. However, if the correct applications are made, the causes of the condition may be removed.
6. Here, with this body, it would require sufficient colonic irrigations, scientifically given, to keep the colon cleansed for a period sufficient for reaction of the body energies themselves in supplying nutriment to the folds in the colon itself.
7. This extends and becomes much more active in the jejunum (this is speaking universally now, not in this individual case) but its beginnings are in the area (as in this particular body) of the caecum - where the jejunum empties into the colon for further digestion and absorption by body forces.
8. Hence with this body, to be sure, throughout these periods keep away from excesses of sweets, especially chocolate and any sedimentary forces (such as brans or as raisins). Prunes will work just the opposite, for these carry another form of activity to the walls of the system itself. It would be well to include prunes in the diet, if they are cooked - or even fresh. Plums of all natures, then, are very well to be taken.
9. Certain forms of apples are well, but most of these for this body through these periods should be cooked.
10. Water cress, especially, should be taken - and these raw; including celery and lettuce; at times carrots. All of these grated and combined with the gelatin would be much better for the body.
11. Do drink plenty of water, at least six to eight glasses of water each day.
12. Do have sufficient enemas, scientifically given, to cleanse all mucous from the body. This may be done each time the colonic is given. So put them about ten days to two weeks apart, and there should be required at least four or five of these.
13. During that same period, relax the body osteopathically; with special reference to reducing a lesion that exists between the 6th and 7th dorsal.
14. Do these, being mindful of the diet, and we will correct conditions for this body. These are the sources of migraine headaches.
15. Ready for questions.
16. (Q) Is milk one of the foods that affects this condition? (She has not had any for about six months, but I would like her to go back to it, if possible.)
(A) Depends upon the combinations with which it is taken. If with wheat germ, - that is, even puffed oats, puffed rice or puffed wheat, and wheat germ with it, - milk may be taken; also with oatmeal that is cooked a long time, not the oats cooked only a few minutes - that isn't very good for anyone. These are much better if they are of the whole grain and not rolled or so treated chemically as to cause them to cook easily. These whole grain cereals may be taken with milk in same.
17. (Q) Are the attacks due to some emotional reaction?
(A) We have given as to what are the sources. If there will be done these things outlined, you can correct the condition. If you keep taking shots or pills, you will have it the rest of your life.
18. We are through with this reading.
The A.R.E. Clinic regularly refers people interested in the
metaphysical work of Edgar Cayce to the A.R.E., Inc., which is
a separate nonprofit organization in Virginia Beach, Virginia. They
are a membership organization, and members are allowed to borrow
from their library as well as purchase books from their bookstore.
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library