Click on this banner to go to the A.R.E. Clinic home page.
Edgar Cayce on Muscular Dystrophy
(part 1 of 2)
TEXT OF READING 3337-1 F 54
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 3rd day of November, 1943, in accordance with request made by the self - Mrs. , new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research and Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. (Notes read to and transcribed by Jeanette Fitch.)
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 11:20 to 11:25 A. M. Eastern War Time. ..., Kansas.
1. GC: You will go over this body carefully, examine it thoroughly, and tell me the conditions you find at the present time; giving the cause of the existing conditions, also suggestions for help and relief of this body; answering the questions, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes - these we find are quite serious problems. Not only are there many complications but these have advanced so far that we find that temporary relief may be given, but it will not be too long lasting - unless there are responses not so well indicated in the present.
3. This condition is becoming quite progressive in that there is not the ability left in the nerves and muscular forces for the use of the limbs. Even the activities of organs are becoming involved so as not to be able to control them through the nerve energies.
4. As we find, the best help offered is through massages. The pricks or injections can do little.
5. Do add as much as may possibly be assimilated of the B vitamins, A and D vitamins. We find that these may be best supplied by quantities of beef juice taken as medicine, also citrus fruit juice - especially oranges with a little lemon juice squeezed in same. Take these often, especially the beef juice - but very small quantities at a time.
6. Massage the body over the joints, even over the abdominal area - with this combination of oils, which would be absorbed and act as a stimulating food value for the emunctory and lymph circulation:
This massage given daily will help ease the body.
7. The addition of Gold to the body vibratorially, alternated with Nitrate of Silver, may aid if it is begun soon enough. This should be given through the Wet Cell Appliance, the Gold used one day, the Silver the next day, just before the massage is given.
8. Make the attachments each day for thirty minutes. The Gold Solution would be one grain to each ounce of distilled water. Use a two per cent Nitrate of Silver Solution one ounce of this with sufficient grain alcohol and distilled water to make three ounces.
9. Always the larger plate, through which the Solution is carried to the body vibratorially, would be attached to the umbilical and lacteal duct center, or - on this body - two fingers from the navel center to the right and four fingers up from that point.
10. When using the Gold Solution attach the small plate at the ninth dorsal. When using the Silver Solution, attach the small plate at the lumbar axis. Attach the Appliance for thirty minutes each day, one day using the Gold the next day the Silver. Disconnect the attachments from the Appliance when not in use. Do keep the connection plates clean. Clean them when taken off, and clean them before applying to the body.
11. Ready for questions.
12. (Q) What causes her malady (diagnosed first as multiple sclerosis)? [Lastly progressive muscular dystrophy]
(A) These conditions are karmic as well as a general physical disability through chemical changes in the body, and the inability to reproduce itself.
One should consider, as in this body, that the physical body in its creation was and is given the ability to reproduce itself. Thus each organ, each portion of the body secretes, from the physical, the mental and the spiritual life, that needed to reproduce itself for a growth to better conditions - or the realm for which it prepares itself. When these activities break down, these have to be supplied or they call on other portions of the organism - and thus they become overcharged or undernourished. Then disintegration begins in one form or another.
Do these things. Little to be done, but these offer the greater help for this body.
13. We are through for the present.
The A.R.E. Clinic regularly refers people interested in the
metaphysical work of Edgar Cayce to the A.R.E., Inc., which is
a separate nonprofit organization in Virginia Beach, Virginia. They
are a membership organization, and members are allowed to borrow
from their library as well as purchase books from their bookstore.
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library