Click on this banner to go to the A.R.E. Clinic home page.
Edgar Cayce on Diabetes
TEXT OF READING 2393-1 F 62
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 5th day of November, 1940, in accordance with request made by the self - Mrs. , new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc., recommended by Mr. .
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mrs. .
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading
3:55 to 4:15 P. M. Eastern Standard Time. ..., Va.
1. GC: You will go over this body carefully, examine it thoroughly, and tell me the conditions you find at the present time; giving the cause of the existing conditions, also suggestions for help and relief of this body. You will answer the questions, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes, we have the body here.
3. As we find, there are conditions as prevent the better normal functioning. These are specific in the first causes, and then the effects that have been produced with the functioning organs cause a constitutional disturbance of a complicated nature.
4. Yet, with the proper corrections and activities, we find that these can be materially aided.
5. We find that these have to do with the metabolism of the system, and the activity of the pancrean system.
6. Then, these are the conditions as we find them with this body,  we are speaking of, present in this room:
7. The blood supply indicates the nature of the disturbance through the metabolism as created, through the activity of the pressure to the heart's activity, to the conditions as related to the activity of the pancreas, the liver and the spleen - as related to the kidneys and their activities.
8. The first cause of this dates back to some several years ago, when there was an injury or a straining of the back, in the 8th and 9th dorsal.
9. This as we find caused a slow, gradual pressure upon those areas as related to the pancreas, the liver and the lower hepatic circulation; increasing the pressure through heart's activity, and gradually increasing the activity of the pancreas to the extra influences of sugar in the system; and through the lower part of the colon a plethora, and in the descending colon a prolapsus.
10. Hence the effects produce the combination or complication of conditions, while the first cause is from a subluxation - which is of a LATERAL nature, as the lesion in the 7th, 8th and 9th dorsal centers. To be sure, the lumbar and the brachial centers and the vegetative nerve system have at periods suffered.
11. With the specific diets that have been followed, and the keeping away from sugars, meats and those activities as would cause the greater disturbances, these have been somewhat aided; yet these gradually are making more disturbance in the circulation between the heart, the liver and the kidneys.
12. To be sure, most of the organs are naturally under strain from the inactivity in some, and the overactivity in others, - which is indicated by the manner of the metabolism of the system, or the circulation THROUGH the central organs of the body.
13. In meeting, then, the needs of these disturbances:
14. First, we would retain most all of the specific diet that has been followed, which has been beneficial.
15. However, we would add to same the Jerusalem artichoke. For this body, these should be taken at least three times each week, preferably cooked, or prepared in its own juices, as in Patapar Paper, so that whatever portions that may exude from the tuber during the preparation may be mixed with same in preparing. Eat it with the meal, you see, three times each week - using one each time about the size of a hen egg. Do not overcook nor undercook, but so that it is well able to be mashed thoroughly. Do not peel, - only wash thoroughly with a brush, then cook it in Patapar Paper - as if cooking an Irish potato. Season with a little salt, and at times a very small quantity of butter. Though this is at times tabu for the body, we find that it will aid in this particular instance.
16. We would begin with osteopathic adjustments for those areas indicated. These should be done VERY slowly. If done too severely in the beginning, we find it would tend to INCREASE the disturbances rather than to alleviate. But have them made - the adjustments and corrections - in at least three or four series. First have them about twice each week until twelve adjustments have been made. This would be the first series. Then leave them off for at least a month. Then have about six more adjustments. Then leave off for about a month. Then have six more. This would be the manner best to make the adjustments, see?
17. To be sure, at least every third adjustment or treatment, we would coordinate the lumbar and sacral and the upper dorsal, head and neck, WITH those corrections gradually made in the 7th, 8th and 9th dorsals; and we will prevent causing disturbances by these adjustments.
18. We would have these made under such an one as Irvin.
19. Keep the diet, the general activities, in the manner as has been indicated; throughout the period keeping those activities of the insulin through the eating of the artichoke.
20. And we should find the condition almost entirely alleviated. However, we find it will be necessary - even then - that the body not break over too often in the taking of sweets or heavy meats.
21. To be sure, fish or a little fowl may be taken occasionally, but never fried. Never any fried foods of any kind.
22. Have plenty of vegetables, and those foods that have been indicated, - these will be the better.
23. Do these, if we would bring the better conditions for this body, .
24. Ready for questions.
25. (Q) Is the condition diabetes, or what?
(A) Diabetic in its nature. As indicated, the pressure is from the injury some time back that causes the overactivity. This lesion is LATERAL in nature, rather than circular; thus there is not the DIRECT pancrean reaction. But, as indicated, there are the symptoms; that is, the liver activity, the excess at times and then again the scantiness of the urine or the activities of the kidneys and the bladder, and the disturbance with the circulation as to the blood pressure and the like, - all show the disturbance through the pancrean and liver area; affecting the other conditions sympathetically.
Hence we would make those applications consistently, in the manners indicated.
26. (Q) Will I be able to eat anything I want to?
(A) As indicated, it will be necessary to adhere rather closely to the diet that has been followed; but at TIMES there may be other foods taken, to be sure, though this will have to be GRADUALLY done. It will require some several weeks and months before other foods than the strict diet would be permissible, to be sure; and then not too much at the time.
27. (Q) Has anyone been cured that was in my condition?
(A) Many, many, many!
Do these things as outlined, and we will find we will bring the better condition for this body.
Because there is less pain, less uneasiness and less dizziness WITH the use of the artichoke, don't leave them off - for several months; at least three times each week, see?
28. We are through for the present.
Edgar Cayce Library
The A.R.E. Clinic regularly refers people interested in the
metaphysical work of Edgar Cayce to the A.R.E., Inc., which is
a separate nonprofit organization in Virginia Beach, Virginia. They
are a membership organization, and members are allowed to borrow
from their library as well as purchase books from their bookstore.
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library