Click on this banner to go to the A.R.E. Clinic home page.
Edgar Cayce on Atlantis
(part 1 of a series of 12)
TEXT OF READING 364-1
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 105th St. & Ocean, Va. Beach, Va., this 3rd day of February, 1932, in accordance with request made by Norfolk Study Group #1, of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mildred Davis, Hugh Lynn and L. B. Cayce, and Gray Salter.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 12:15 P. M. Eastern Standard Time.
(You will have before you subject for address to be given by EC 2/19/32 on Atlantis. You will give in lecture form the material which he should present at that time.)
1. EC: Yes, we have the body, the enquiring mind, and that as may be given on such a subject. In many ways this would be better were it divided into two lectures. This, however, as we find, may be presented somewhat in this manner:
2. Atlantis as a continent is a legendary tale. Whether or not that which has been received through psychic sources has for its basis those few lines given by Plato, or the references made in Holy writ that the earth was divided, depends upon the trend of individual minds. Recently, however, the subject has taken on greater import, since some scientists have declared that such a continent was not only a reasonable and plausible matter, but from evidences being gradually gathered was a very probable condition.
3. As we recognize, there has been considerable given respecting such a lost continent by those channels such as the writer of Two Planets, or Atlantis - or Poseida and Lemuria - that has been published through some of the Theosophical literature. As to whether this information is true or not, depends upon the credence individuals give to this class of information.
4. Then, it has seemed well to many of this group, that those channels through which information may be obtained interest themselves in such an undertaking, as to gain through those channels such information that might be applicable in the lives or experiences of individuals interested in such.
5. From time to time, in and through the information obtained for some individuals in their life readings, has come that they, as an entity or individual, occupied some particular place, or performed some activity in some portion of that continent; or emigrated from the continent to some other portion of the earth's surface at the time, and began some particular development. These must have been a busy folk, for with their advent into other climes (as the information runs) they began to make many changes from the activities in that particular sphere in which they entered.
6. Then, if we are to accept such as being a fact or fiction, may truly depend upon what value to the human family knowledge concerning such a peoples would be in the affairs of individuals today. What contribution would information be to the minds of individuals, as to knowing or understanding the better or closer relations to the Creative Forces? Or, to put it another manner, what would information of that nature mean to my SOUL today?
7. Be it true that there IS the fact of reincarnation, and that souls that once occupied such an environ are entering the earth's sphere and inhabiting individuals in the present, is it any wonder that - if they made such alterations in the affairs of the earth in their day, as to bring destruction upon themselves - if they are entering now, they might make many changes in the affairs of peoples and individuals in the present? Are they, then, BEING born into the world? If so, what WERE their environs - and will those environs mean in a material world today?
8. To be continued. We are through for the present.
The A.R.E. Clinic regularly refers people interested in the
metaphysical work of Edgar Cayce to the A.R.E., Inc., which is
a separate nonprofit organization in Virginia Beach, Virginia. They
are a membership organization, and members are allowed to borrow
from their library as well as purchase books from their bookstore.
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library
A.R.E. - Edgar Cayce Library